top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, I just got from the attorney office...check this out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
    Yeah, it's crazy. I'm about to file BK and still have $100,000 in available credit on my credit cards. I went into my new bank the other day to change the type of savings account I have and the woman pulled up my account on the computer and gave me "good news." I am pre-approved for a line of credit as overdraft protection for my checking account. "No thanks, I'll use my savings account for that". "You are also preapproved for a credit card with a low interest rate." "No thanks, I have enough credit." "Are you sure?" In a more irritated tone, "yes, I am sure, I don't need or want any more credit."

Here I am, unable to pay my current credit cards and they are trying to push more credit down my throat. And some people say that filing bankruptcy is immoral?! They deserve every last discharged debt they get!
    Yeah, been there done that.

To this day I rue the time when my lender (USAA) offered me an additional $80K on my HELOC for the house I eventually turned back in last year's Ch7 filing. I told the guy on the phone "look, I'm comfortable with an 80% LTV, don't want to go beyond that so I have a cushion if housing prices go lower". He says "but we offer up to 95% LTV, so I can increase the line right now another $80K, all you need to do is sign a 1-page agreement". I repeat my line. He says "OK, call us back if you change your mind".

In retrospect, I really wish I took the money. Could have found good use for it, I'm sure, and it all got wiped out in the bankruptcy anyway.

The way money was being given back in 2005-06 was truly insane.

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
      If your debts w/ USAA are yours and not joint with your Ex-then filing bankruptcy would have no impact on her.

But I would suggest you find insurance thru someone else. Speaking from personal experience, abouy 5-6 months after I defaulted on a USAA credit card they refused to renew my auto & home insurance policy.
      USAA now allows you to keep them through BK. You can now get insurance through them but they'll charge you an arm and a leg.

It may be wise to change insurance since USAA may raise your rates and by getting other insurance prior to your BK you may be able to keep your lower rates.

Logan

Comment

My score dropped due to CLDs and two 30 day lates...and USAA raised my annual rental insurance nearly 40 percent. Now I completely regret switching from State Farm...I dumped them after 17 years because they hiked my 15 percent....and USAA screwed me at 40 percent. I predict my car insurance will be completely unaffordable and there will be no way I can get good rates elsewhere now.

Just be prepared.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

for real?

I pay $90 to USAA for my car insurance full coverage(FULL)

How high they could charge me ?

Any other company would you guys can name it if I decide swich before bk; that wont raise too high?

Comment

We stayed with Geico through our BK.

They did not increase our insurance. They DID, however, demand the full 6 month term, instead of our usual monthly payments. Luckily we had the money, but we were not expecting it.

But, as I said, they did not increase the rate. Not sure if that is a standard reaction, and others may have different experiences.
            11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
            12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
            3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X