top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed about BK & doctor appt....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed about BK & doctor appt....

I didn't see anything about this, so I hope I'm posting this in the correct area.
    We are fixing to file a Chp 7 very soon. Along with CC's we are also filing medical bills that our insurance didn't cover. I have to see my doctor regularly due to health reasons & have an appt. this week & they keep calling reminding me of my past due balance, etc... I really don't have the extra money to pay on them, but I'm going to have to give them a little, then setup a payment plan just so they will see me. Here's my real concern....once my Dr. finds out about the BK, what are the chances of them not seeing me anymore & me having to find a new Dr.?
    Has anyone had to experience this? Were you honest with them upfront or did you just never mention it, etc....?

If you include your dr's bill in your bk, then he probably won't see you anymore.

How much do you owe this doctor? I mean, if it's a couple hundred bucks, then it's probably worth it to just pay him so that he will continue to treat you, but then again, if it's $10k, you're probably better off finding a different doctor and including his bill in the bk....
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

As an add on to momofthree's response, if you owe the doctor when you file, you must list the doctor. You can't not list him because you want to continue to see him during or after the bankruptcy.

Comment

Also, if you pay him, keep in mind the amount you pay him (i.e., preferential treatment of certain creditors).

Comment

Last thought -- you might want to read following article so at least you are aware of it depending on what Chapter of BK you file.

Comment

And http://www.jsonline.com/business/80553442.html

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X