Chapter 7 Cost in Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 Cost in Illinois

What is the typical cost of a chapter 7 bankruptcy in IL assuming I qualify? I am not looking to file myself as I feel an attorney is a better option for me. I am single and have no assets. I currently live with a sibling. Just a typical figure. $3500 or less.

Thanks for any information in advance. I appreciate it because it gives me some idea as to if I am paying to much as I look for an attorney in my area.

Mine was $2900 total -court costs and the 2 counseling courses
    included.I`m in the northern district of IL.

Comment

Originally posted by stikks View Post
      Mine was $2900 total -court costs and the 2 counseling courses
      included.I`m in the northern district of IL.
      By court costs do you mean attorney fees or are court costs separate? If so, how much are court costs usually. Pardon my ignorance as I haven't met with my attorney yet. I live in the Northern IL district also.

Comment

I live in Eastern Iowa (50 miles from IL border) and I paid $1800 for the whole shebang. YMMV though.
        Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
        Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
        Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

I'd think most places charge the same range. It's 1450 for me...not counting filing fees.
          Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

I have been quoted (for a 7) as low as $650 to upwards of $1250. plus $299 costs and whatever the classes cost. That's in Northern District of IL.

Comment

Northern District - $1,299 Atty & court fees.

Comment

From what I was told by 3 lawyers cost depends on amount of debt and number of creditors.My BK was $2500 court costs $299 and
                the 2 counseling courses $100 total =$2900.Had my 341 in Rockford last Thursday.

Comment

I'm in the northern district and was quoted $2000.

Comment

I'm in northern district and we paid $2000 + $299 filing fees. I ended up using super cheap on-line counseling for both the pre & post filing requirements. I just went thru the approved list and found the most inexpensive option available.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X