Car Rental after BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Rental after BK

Hi folks. I have been a silent reader of this forum for the last several weeks. I interviewed a bunch of lawyers,picked the one i thought was best suited. Got all my paperwork in order and will probably file before the end of the week. I have had most of my questions answered other than this one thats been bugging me. Since I travel for a living, I often rent cars at airports and they require credit cards. After filing I wont have any credit cards and was wondering what to do?For rentals with debit cards they usually hold huge amounts and might do credit checks. Anyone rented cars after BK? any input is appreciated.

Originally posted by turbanguy View Post
    Hi folks. I have been a silent reader of this forum for the last several weeks. I interviewed a bunch of lawyers,picked the one i thought was best suited. Got all my paperwork in order and will probably file before the end of the week. I have had most of my questions answered other than this one thats been bugging me. Since I travel for a living, I often rent cars at airports and they require credit cards. After filing I wont have any credit cards and was wondering what to do?For rentals with debit cards they usually hold huge amounts and might do credit checks. Anyone rented cars after BK? any input is appreciated.
    I've had no problem with Alamo using my debit card. They hold the equivalent of the price of the rental. Since the hold doesn't come off right away (my bank is about 3-4 days) I just make sure I have that extra in the account at the start of the trip.

You could also get a completely secured credit card (BofA comes to mind) but it would amount to the same thing: Your money in prior to using the card.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

i asked a very similar question a couple of months ago....and the overwhelming answer was Alamo was the best and easiest to get a rental from...with a debit card....

Comment

I have a rental today and its with Enterprise on a debit. They did hold money on the account but I will get it back in a couple of days.

Comment

Thank You for the reply....I just signed the paperwork. Now the waiting begins.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X