Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to consult lawyers this week

Hi everyone,

I've been browsing the board for a while - just wanted to say thanks for all the good information I have read on this board. I think I've got a much better idea of what to ask when I consult with various attorneys.

My story in a nutshell - I had a stroke April of last year. I had actually left my job a week before because I had been hired for a new position which more pay and a lot better benefits. Unfortunately, the stroke happened 2 days before the new job started, so I lost the chance at that one (was still in the hospital, and they couldn't work with me).

I am actually on disability right now, but I think my condition has improved enough now that I can begin looking for a job (social security actually has a program that can get you help in getting job counseling and other services -already looking into that). Unfortunately, with the medical bills and cc debt, it has gotten to the point where I have not been able to pay Citi or BOA for a couple of months now (3 for BOA and 2 for the 2 I have with Citi.) I have stopped using the cc's now that I am drawing disability (no advances/transfers since September, and no charges at all for about 2 months now). I'll probably wait a couple of months before actually filing, but want to go ahead and start talking to lawyers now. I think I should be able to get a chapter 7 pretty easily ($1169 monthly income).

At any rate, I did want to say thanks again for the information I have been able to find on this board. This has proved to be an invaluable resource. I never thought I'd be able to find myself in this position.

The one big concern I have now is how this is going to affect my ability to get a job. The only thing I can do is to be honest about the circumstances if asked about it, but I know this doesn't look good on your record.
    Filed: 6/30/2010
    341: 7/26/2010
    Discharged: 10/6/2010

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X