Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing tomorrow

Filing tomorrow.....

This has been months coming, we hit a wall in July when Chase took our payment from 465 to 1250 and when we contacted them about it being higher than we could handle (after being slaves to them over medical bills that we should never have transferred there in the first place for almost 8 years) they told us that the only way we could have a lower payment was if they put our interest rate to 21%. So then our payment would make negative progress.

Anyway, I am grateful to them because it was the catalyst we needed to push us into BK, something we should have done when my husband got laid off from 6 figure salary plus bonuses 8 years ago and we lost our insurance and had a child in the hospital for a week...but we were just too proud then. Now we have lived below the poverty level and worked crazy hours for 8 years to get us to this point where we will be free of it all.

But....I am having major anxiety about going to sign the papers and file tomorrow. I am just really scared! I know it is the right thing to do, the only thing to do at this point...so I don't know why I am freaking out. We have planned it very carefully such that we are just starting DH busy season (he does seasonal work in irrigation and landscape design and install now) so we used up our savings over the winter, and moved, and now we will start out the season able to save for next winter...but I am sitting here crying because I didn't want to ever do this.

We tried Dave Ramsey and "beans and rice" for so long and it makes me mad that we wasted so much time giving our money to the CC companies for them to just screw us over. I am mad that we used a credit card to get a hospital off our backs...we caved to their calling 10 times a day over the bill when we had no insurance.

Anyway...how we are going to go forward, budget like crazy, save money and NEVER again misuse credit, or use it at all probably....

That is the end of my ramble...have an attorney meeting tomorrow morning.

Good luck to you. It's a business decision. Treat it as such and keep track of your case on PACER. Make sure your attorney files everything correctly.

Comment

Many of us have been there and done that. Good luck, keep your head up high, and enjoy your soon to be newfound freedom.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I hope you are breathing easier today. I have been through the denial, the false sense of pride in my great credit score, and many tears myself. But at this point I am so looking forward to filing day. I'm sure my (and dh's) credit scores are in the toilet at this point anyway...after a few months of not paying CCs....so I just want to get it over with and officially have a fresh start. That's what you have, starting today!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X