top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a collection letter today. Co is listed on petition-not yet dischrg-can I get $$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a collection letter today. Co is listed on petition-not yet dischrg-can I get $$?

I would ask my atty, but after the 341 they have been pretty much useless unfortunately. Anyhow- Got a collection letter today, I know this company was on the petition, we are not due to be discharged for another 3 weeks.

Can I send them a "You are in violation of my BK7 Stay and please pay me now letter" ?

If so is there a certain format that needs to be followed? Any advice would be appreciated. The letter is from AFNI and shows a letter date from this week (so it's documented by them it seems) and I'm in So Cal of that matters. Thanks.

I don't think it's that easy. The way I understand it:

You (or your attorney)would need to send them a cease and desist letter (certified, RR).

If the violation continues, you have the right to sue a collector in either state or federal court within one year from the date of the violation. If you are successful, you are eligible to recover money for damages, court and attorney costs, plus an additional amount up to $1,000.00

Just my two cents.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X