Home and Auto loan reaffirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home and Auto loan reaffirmation

Hi, I didn't see this addressed anywhere so I hope I'm putting this in the right place.

My husband and I filed a no asset Chapter 7 bk and we had our 341 on April 26th. Our plan is to keep our home and 2 cars.

Both cars are financed and both loans are current. I'm concerned that the court will not reaffirm the loans. (I have a friend who was forced to hand over a car because her attorney refused to agree to the affirmation because the car was not worth the amount owed) We have a reaffirmation hearing in June to go over this. Both cars are valued at about what we owe. Both finance companies are willing to do the reaffirmation agreement.
    So what are my chances of losing one or both cars??

Regarding our house, our loan is with Wells Fargo. We just finished up a loan modification with them and are now current. Does anyone have any experience regarding home loan affirmations with them? My husband called and they didn't seem to know what they were talking about. He was told that we need to send them affirmation paperwork not the other way around.

I didn't find this forum until after we filed and ohhh how I wish I had found it sooner!! It has been so helpful and reassuring!

Thanks....

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X