top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

household item values- include kids stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

household item values- include kids stuff?

I'm filling out the household values. Not sure how to do it.
    We have a 4 year old washer and dryer set that was about $1400. Im guessing $500?
    what about the kids items? like their mp3 players, wii and xbox stuff, do we include those items?

This may vary by district, but my lawyer said that if it belongs to the kids I didnt have to list it. I did list their furniture.
    03/25/10: filed BK13, 05/05/10: 341 completed,
    06/24/10: confirmed (7% to unsecured)

Comment

Based on garage-sales pricing then 10%-30% of the original price of these items (with tools being at the higher-end of this).

Seriously, ever try selling a used washer & dryer? I never got more than $150/pair.

Unless there's something particularily valuble you should be able to simply group these items as "furniture, household items, clothing, tools, jewelery".
      19% dividend

Comment

Originally posted by pwssolutions
        no.. kids' items are not considered as household items.
        They are in my state - NV

(a) Private libraries, works of art, musical instruments and jewelry not to exceed $5,000 in value, belonging to the judgment debtor or a dependent of the judgment debtor, to be selected by the judgment debtor, and all family pictures and keepsakes.
        (b) Necessary household goods, furnishings, electronics, wearing apparel, other personal effects and yard equipment, not to exceed $12,000 in value, belonging to the judgment debtor or a dependent of the judgment debtor, to be selected by the judgment debtor.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X