Can I include this new medical bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I include this new medical bill?

You know - it's always something around here lately!!!! I just opened a benefit statement from our medical insurance. My husband went to the ER last month -- honestly, he meant to go to urgent care and Goofy went to the wrong place, but that's a whole other issue. Anyway, regardless, the ER personnel said insurance-wise, our co-pay was the same so that it really didn't matter so they told him to stay. Well, now insurance is not paying as they're saying it wasn't an emergency - leaving us with a balance of $417 instead of our normal $25 co-pay. I'm just ticked because the hospital gave him the wrong info. I'll send them $25, but I just don't want to pay the rest of this bill. Can I add it to my list since we're filing anyway???

NOW, and IF I do this - does that affect any future service from this hospital? Can they refuse to see us?
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Yes, since you have not filed, you can include it.

As to whether or not that hospital would treat you in the future, that I don't know.

Comment

Well, we got the insurance company talked down to $325 -- $25 copay and $300 deductible which we owe since it was deemed a non-emergency. However, the hospital specifically told him they would treat it as an urgent care visit. He's going to call the hospital in the morning and fight with them. But I told him to tell them they can rebill it the way they said they were going to and have the insurance company pay, or they can get nothing as we're filing anyway, and it's no skin off my back to add this one to it. I hate when people don't do what they say they're going to do. He asked TWICE if he needed to leave and go over to the urgent care facility.
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Dang it!! This really stinks! Everything I'm finding shows they can't deny emergency services - but they can demand upfront payment on any other kind of treatment. There are other hospitals here, but this one is really the closest. I guess we'll have to suck it up if they won't charge it the way they said they were going to.

Comment

Well, this just gets better and better. Insurance company is sticking by what they said - $25 copay, and $300 deductible because it was deemed not an emergency. My husband called the hospital billing and told them what he was told when he was there, that it would be billed as an urgent care visit. She tells him - this is true - THEY ARE both at the same place - only difference is the wait time. The day he was there, NO ONE was in the center, urgent care or emergency room. She says they bill exactly the same regardless, and that he's right - the insurance company should be viewing it as an urgent care visit. We're totally stumped on this one!! He's about to get both the insurance and the hospital billing department on three-way now and see if they can hash this out. It's getting ridiculous!!

Comment

YEAH!! They agreed to remove the bill. After going over heads and my husband camping in the supervisor's office until he would talk to him, he called back today and said they've agreed to remove the charge. The insurance company is refusing to pay it, the hospital for some reason can't change the way they billed it, so they're saying due to our history with them, they are just going to not charge us anything. It's the little things lately that make me happy!

Comment

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
              YEAH!! They agreed to remove the bill. After going over heads and my husband camping in the supervisor's office until he would talk to him, he called back today and said they've agreed to remove the charge. The insurance company is refusing to pay it, the hospital for some reason can't change the way they billed it, so they're saying due to our history with them, they are just going to not charge us anything. It's the little things lately that make me happy!
              That is good news for you, that makes all the difference from fighting for what you believe is right for you and your husband. Glad it worked out for you!
              Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
              Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Good for you. When you are right, that is might. Your tenacity worked well. Applause for our heroine. Clap, clap, clap. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X