top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed last week, can't make car payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed last week, can't make car payment?

Filed Ch7 last Monday and want to keep the van we have been making payments on. Went online today and Carmax won't let me. Is this normal?

The van only has about 13 more payments, and is worth about what we owe on it. -- assuming Kelly Blue Book trade in value is accurate.

Most lenders block online access during the automatic stay, to avoid being accusing of attempting to collect.

Call your lender to find out where to send payments.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I pay all my bills online too, and I made a point to sit down yesterday and write down all addressses, telephone numbers, due dates etc. because I'm fully expecting all of this to shut down when we file.
        04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Its useful info to have - just keep in mind the payment addresses may change while you're under the bankruptcy stay. They may have a different department handle payments since they're not in an active collection status.

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
          I pay all my bills online too, and I made a point to sit down yesterday and write down all addressses, telephone numbers, due dates etc. because I'm fully expecting all of this to shut down when we file.
          Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
          (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Call the creditor and ask for the BK dept. Usually the larger creditors have separate BK deptartments/addresses where you make your payments during the course of the BK. You may have to actually snail mail the payment depending upon the vendor!
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Since I filed BK, I have to mail my car payments to my credit union. They have to be sent to the BK Dept. Sucks that I can't pay online anymore, and they sit on my check for 2 weeks before they cash it. Only 9 more payments to go and then I'll be done with them!
              Filed 5/29/09
              Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X