Health savings accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health savings accounts

My husband has a 100% employer funded health savings account through work. Is this going to be a problem when we file chapter 7? We do not contribute anything to it, it is all from his employer, if that makes a difference!

Contributions are not counted against you in the means test. I contributed to mine and it was counted as a legit cost. I don't think an employer's contribution would count against you.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I believe since you cannot get at those funds without severe penalties, that it would be treated the same as insurance proceeds. Exempt. I would not list this as any asset, but of course if you are represented ask your lawyer. It is a taxed free benefit if used for what it is designed for. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X