CC's questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC's questions

The way we have been living is ridiculous, we charge because we have no extra money for even everyday things. I vacillate between a feeling of shocked panic and a screw it attitude regarding our debt. So, my stupid of the month, opening up that Crap1 acct and charging on it. And my husband charged $900 on his computer card for someone who will someday soon pay him back. If I pay the complete $900 towards the comp card, will this be perceived as bad? I don't intend to declare BK any time soon, but it's kind of a backup.

First of all, you are now planning on filing bk. Stop using the cards. It's fraud if they found out that you knowingly used cc after the decision to file was made. It will be hard to prove when you made the decision, but why take the chance?

And stop paying on the ones that haven't had recent purchases. You do need to make some payments to the Cap 1 account.

Also, don't loan anyone money by using a credit card to do so. Or any other method, also. You don't have the money to lend. When you consult with the bankruptcy lawyers, be sure to mention the $900.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. BK is my backup plan. I'm looking for a job, going to maybe let the CU take back a vehicle and get something cheaper. My husband just flat out refuses to listen to me when I tell him to stop using the credit cards, that we can't afford the payments to go up. I'm stressed and tired of it all and not quite sure what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Okieblue View Post
        Thanks for your reply. BK is my backup plan. I'm looking for a job, going to maybe let the CU take back a vehicle and get something cheaper. My husband just flat out refuses to listen to me when I tell him to stop using the credit cards, that we can't afford the payments to go up. I'm stressed and tired of it all and not quite sure what to do.
        Before you file for bankruptcy (or decide against it) you really need to have a one on one with your husband and try to get on the same page regarding your finances. Good luck to you.
        Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
        I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Soon enough with this course of action there will be missed payments, then cards will be canceled. The CU repo will probably do it for you quickly. Better save your cash.
          7-2-2009 Filed
          8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
          10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Okieblue View Post
            Who pays the bills, you or your husband? The first missed payment and you don't have to worry about your husband not listening to you about the credit cards. They simply will be rejected. And if any of the cards are in your name and he is an authorized user, remove him. I would communicate to him that you are doing this.

And then take him with you to a few bankruptcy attornies. And specifically ask the attorney about continuing to use credit cards while even thinking about bankruptcy.

Comment

We are finally going to be paid for the 2 charged on the cc laptops this week, which I intend to pay on the cc. We have a $6K charged up Chase card from him buying parts to fix peoples computers, and 2 other Chase accts that have been put on a payment plan. Chase sucks. They call and tell me that I am behind a month. Really? I changed the due date per your advice and was fine for 4 months, now I am behind? I feel like telling them Also have a Discover on a payment plan. We are just so close to being able to make it ok, still no extra $ leftover, but paying things ok, on time, but are $75 short a month, so have to juggle things. Only $60K in debt including owing $15K on an '07 vehicle. Husbands car paid off next year, but needs $1500 worth of work, speedometer crapped out. Kid needs braces. Dog has weird lump on head.I need physical therapy, but copay is $25 each time, adds up. The world according to me would leave us with over a grand extra each month without these cc payments, and when I do the means test, we supposedly have $115 each month with which to do a CH13. The economy just scares the crap out of me, our whole country is just gloom and doom and I am in hoard mode, so I probably need to see a therapist for that, but that'll cost me another $25 each session.
              I pay the bills and I do alert him that we are close to failing.

Comment

You sound a little like me in that you don't really have a budget. (I mean the kind of budget where you know you need to have $ set aside for expenditures that are due in the future. Where you put it in the savings account and when the repair is needed on the car, the money is waiting. Nope, like me you get to the point where now the car MUST be fixed, because you can't get to work if you don't fix it and so on the credit card it goes, and now your min payment goes up, and you' can't ever get caught up.)

BTW, how old is the dog? As they age, they start to get these funky little fat lump tumors on them. They are nothing, usually. (As to who really has a fat lump on their head, it's your hubby, if he won't stop charging on the cards! -- Sorry, I had to say it, you clearly need a laugh!)
                Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

OMG, I can't save money, not even sure where that $5 that was in savings went to. Yeah, so dog has a little bumpy thing, but she is so hairy, you can't tell what it is.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X