Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first consultation

Hello to all,

I had the good fortune to find this thread before my first consultation. I am so grateful to the folks here that share their experiences... if it had not been for your generous and unconditional help, I would have not been in the position to evaluate the lawyer involved in my first consultation.

I realized after the first five minutes or so that this particular lawyer was not a good fit for us. Before we met, I had a list of questions for him but soon realized that his style showed little creativity or willingness to help us protect our assets. As a matter of fact some of his answers were superficial and incomplete. We sort of felt that he was pushing us to go for Chapter 13 for no particular reasons except that more $$$$ for fees.... I am not being cynical when I say this because he did not give us any logical reason why we could not file Chapter 7.... He plain and simple was not listening to us. I have received better advise in this forum. We were happy that we were prepared yet disappointed that this was not the lawyer of our choice.... it may take a few free consultations before we find one that has the sensitivity and knowledge we are looking for. Who knows! we may decide to go solo.

Anyway, thought I share this for others to read and maybe I will continue sharing the process with you all.

Hope this helps a little for some of you.

Well sometimes only chapter 13 is an option. It would be helpful if we knew your situation. Always good to speak with a few firms before deciding..
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Visit with several lawyers until you find one that fits you. I wanted someone who would take an interest in us as people and our particular situation. We found that good fit with our lawyer and her staff. I made multiple phone calls to her office and her staff was always very helpful and kind.
      Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
      341- April 28, 2010;
      Confirmed May 25, 2010;
      $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X