What they look at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What they look at

I'm curious as to what they will look at on my credit cards. Towards the end I have been up to date on my credit cards but using them every month for food or gas because I was out of money from paying all my cards.

I was unable to pay my cards that were due on the 15th of May. Last week I came to the conclusion that I just can't make it anymore paying these cards. I will be doing it for the rest of my life or falling behind any day now (like I did on the 15th).

My question is that a couple of weeks ago I used one of my cards ($59.00) to put in my bank account to cover some bills. Will they see that as fraud? That wasn't my intention but I am afraid of what it looks like.

I won't be able to file until after the 15th of September, when I am done paying the lawyer. I've stopped using all cards since I decided to do BK and just retained a lawyer as of the 27th of May. How far back do they look? And are they looking for more "luxury" spending?

Thanks,

-Aggie

Originally posted by Aggie1138 View Post
    I'm curious as to what they will look at on my credit cards. Towards the end I have been up to date on my credit cards but using them every month for food or gas because I was out of money from paying all my cards.

I was unable to pay my cards that were due on the 15th of May. Last week I came to the conclusion that I just can't make it anymore paying these cards. I will be doing it for the rest of my life or falling behind any day now (like I did on the 15th).

My question is that a couple of weeks ago I used one of my cards ($59.00) to put in my bank account to cover some bills. Will they see that as fraud? That wasn't my intention but I am afraid of what it looks like.

I won't be able to file until after the 15th of September, when I am done paying the lawyer. I've stopped using all cards since I decided to do BK and just retained a lawyer as of the 27th of May. How far back do they look? And are they looking for more "luxury" spending?

Thanks,

-Aggie

they look back 90 days but can go back as far as 1 year
    yes the trustee is looking for luxury spending $500 + per CC
    i wouldn't worry about the $59 and using the cards for essencials like gas and food is ok

good luck
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

During Xmas I used a card to buy some gifts but it was less than $500.00 total. I also kept paying back the cards and was never behind... until 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie1138 View Post
        During Xmas I used a card to buy some gifts but it was less than $500.00 total. I also kept paying back the cards and was never behind... until 2 weeks ago.
        u should be ok.i wouldn't worry about
        Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
        Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
        Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Lately I'm looking at every angle cause all I'm doing is worrying...*sigh*

Comment

Credit cards really have very little recourse against you for misuse prior to filing, especially when it involves very small amounts.

So I'm saying, you're fine, don't worry.
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X