Credit Score Drop Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Score Drop Question

So I am still gathering facts before moving forward. I have contact a few lawyers and getting info together for 1 too.

I am curious, I have recenty checked my credit scores and right now I have a 720, I have 45 creditors (open and closed) and over 600 on time payments reported with zero late or negative reports. What hurts my score is the hugh debt level and all of my cards pretty much cut my limits to my balances. I also have 3 inquires still showing.

So my question, what should I expect if I file BK? I know it can vary but wondering. I plan to keep everything current up until I file (which from what I read means they could not report late after filing).

So many things and so much stress, I can see myself hitting a wall soon and trying to do something sooner than later.

What happens to your credit score is vastly overrated in my opinon.
    Your problem won't be the any 30 plus days late. It'll be, that nice shiny bk slammed onto the public record section of your report.
    Many lenders won't touch you for some period of time post bk regardless of your credit score.
    I'd suggest stop worrying about a 3 digit number and start worrying about your finances. Paying debts that will be eventually discharged is just money down the proverbial rathole. If, bk is the endgame stop paying unsecured debt right now.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
      What happens to your credit score is vastly overrated in my opinon.
      Your problem won't be the any 30 plus days late. It'll be, that nice shiny bk slammed onto the public record section of your report.
      Many lenders won't touch you for some period of time post bk regardless of your credit score.
      I'd suggest stop worrying about a 3 digit number and start worrying about your finances. Paying debts that will be eventually discharged is just money down the proverbial rathole. If, bk is the endgame stop paying unsecured debt right now.
      Couldn't have said it better myself (well, maybe I could ), but you made the point.

Comment

If one does not have adequate income to pay cc's and mtge, but can afford to pay first mtge and no other creditors; Can that person file CH.7 and later convert to CH 13 with plan only to pay first mtge?

Comment

Originally posted by avmarathe3 View Post
          If one does not have adequate income to pay cc's and mtge, but can afford to pay first mtge and no other creditors; Can that person file CH.7 and later convert to CH 13 with plan only to pay first mtge?
          You file the chapter of bk that you qualify for.
          If for some reason, you don't think you qualify for a Chapter 7 then, don't waste time and money. File the 13 and be done with it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X