Going forward but 1 more question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going forward but 1 more question

So we have made the decision to move forward but I have one last major worry. I want to keep it quiet (I know it's public) so I am not telling anyone. My worry is that one of my parents might have but my name on a bank account sometime. I don't want to go asking everyone but I also don't want their assets at risk.

I know I will be a no asset case with plenty of room under.

I would say how do you disclose accounts you don't know about. How can you disclose an account you aren't aware of? If they find it, you tell them you weren't aware that your name was on there. It's pretty easy to prove it's not your money if you aren't making deposits or writing checks off the account.

I did have one attorney when we were interviewing (I am on my parent's account) say that they wouldn't even disclose that account. Didn't sound right since I do actually know about it -- but sounds like if you're a pretty much easy case, they aren't going to snoop too much anyway. Guess it's just a risk you'll have to take.
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Yeah I've never used or known about any accounts but my mother is always worried about me accessing her funds if she is in the hospital or dead so I would not be surprised.

Comment

Honestly, if she has added you on as a co-owner, you would have had to have signed a signature card at the bank. Anything else won't matter with the bankruptcy.
        04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

I dont think I ever did, if so it would have been a long time ago. She might have jsut do POD

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X