Credit Karma WAY off - just an FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Karma WAY off - just an FYI

I just wanted to heads up on my credit karma experience. I knew it wasn't a 'true' FICO so I didn't expect it to be right on, but I thought it would be in the 'range'. I just checked my updated credit karma 2 days ago, and it was 700.
    I just had a hard pull done for something, and my actual score is 622.

Sooo, about 80 points off. That's quite a lot.

I know a lot of people are using credit karma to sort of 'track' their scores, but just be advised it may be a little off or it may be WAY off....it also shows my score increasing the last 2 months when it actually went DOWN.

Yes, there are lots of scoring models. All the places that sell you your score are just looking for a way to generate revenue. Its a real scam. At least you didn't pay for the credit karma score.

NONE of the scores we get to see are the 'real' score. The closest we can get to seeing our real score is the one at myFICO.com where you can buy your score from two of the three CRA's. Even then, if a mortgage lender pulls your reports the scores will be different because they use a slightly different model.

Remember to look for the discount code for myFICO before you go to the site - you usually can save quite a bit on the score.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I had not heard of Credit Karma. I put in my info. Without a doubt my score was waaaayyyyy off. I am 100% that my score is much lower!
      Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
      341- April 28, 2010;
      Confirmed May 25, 2010;
      $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X