top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure what to tell the car lender tomorrow, what our intentions are.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what to tell the car lender tomorrow, what our intentions are.

We were hoping to be filed by now, but we just found out not until the end of next week we "SHOULD" be filed. Anyways, we have stalled them on payments and they gave us until tomorrow to give them an answer if we can make a payment or not. If not they will start the repo process. Which I would assume they will have us repo'd in the next couple of days. I was hoping we could at least ride it out through until this Monday because we are moving and we could really us the SUV to haul some stuff. I know that sounds so dumb. I don't know if I should just avoid the phone call and clear out my car just in case. Or call them and tell them we are filing BK and give them the attorney info, which will probably speed them up on repo since we aren't filed just yet. Or LIE, and tell them we sent a payment, which my CHRISTIAN side is telling me not to do. Or surrender it and schedule a time for me to drop it off.
    Last edited by debtsucks; 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM.

The car lender may have started the repo process anyway. Clear out your things from the vehicle so you are not caught by surprise.

Did you tell your attorney that the car is up for repossession? If he knows he can probably process your BK filing a little more quickly. Is this your first missed payment or you behind more than a month?
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

We are actually behind by about 3 months. I don't know why I am so upset over it, cause I know it's coming. It's just all a little nerve wrecking, and it is probably better to just get it over with, instead of sitting on pins and needles and wondering every morning when I wake up if my car will be there. Our attorney knows it's about to be repo'd, they told us just let it go, cause it will happen eventually.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X