Has this account been charged off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this account been charged off?

As of yesterday, we are two months behind on our credit card payments. Chase - the first month - called frequently, but then has been strangely silent this whole month - haven't heard a peep. Today, I look on the website - I can still log into the account and see past statements, but current activity all shows NOT AVAILABLE. Has it been charged off??

Citibank, same situation, but all balances are still showing on their website, -and they call about 10 times a day.
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

What difference would it make?
    I am not a lawyer - I just play one on TV. It is always in your best interest to seek legal advice from a competent attorney licensed in your state. Any information I post here should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by starr4law View Post
      What difference would it make?
      Cause I'm still almost 5 months away from being able to file and don't want the headache of being sued added to the chaos we're living in right now.

I think I'm okay for right now though. Just checked with a friend who has the same card and she can't get through the website either. So guess it's just down for now.
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Ahhh . . . I see. If you are filing in 5 mos, I wouldn't worry if you just stopped paying like 2 months ago. Between them needing to do some stuff to come after you, and ways that you can slow them down if they DO do something, you should make it to your filing with no problem.
        I am not a lawyer - I just play one on TV. It is always in your best interest to seek legal advice from a competent attorney licensed in your state. Any information I post here should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by starr4law View Post
          Ahhh . . . I see. If you are filing in 5 mos, I wouldn't worry if you just stopped paying like 2 months ago. Between them needing to do some stuff to come after you, and ways that you can slow them down if they DO do something, you should make it to your filing with no problem.
          I'm hoping so. I've been answering the calls as they come here and there so they don't think I'm ignoring them. But Chase just isn't calling at all anymore - and I don't want to stir up that nest if I am on the backburner right now. I know it's two different departments, but our mortgage is with them too, and we've already working on a modification with them (three months behind on the mortgage) - don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X