23 year old asking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23 year old asking for help

I am looking for some advice on my situation and if chapter 7 could work for me. I have just looked at my credit report and i have $11,000 unsecured debt from one credit card. I also have $2600 secured debt through a student loan. My interest rate was low but now 3 years later it jumped to 27.99! May 2009 I lost a job where i was being paid almost double of what i make now. I was forced to move home and After 3 months of searching for a job i got hired now I get 39rs/wk and pays $10 an hour fueling for a truck company(dead end job). After taxes and insurance i take home about $300 a week. Drowning in credit card debt and feeling hopeless someone brought to my attn CCCS and told me I should ask them for help. After going to credit counselling session in March my counselour came up with a $350 once a month payment for 42 months to pay off my debt. My credit counselour knows that my monthly expenses are $150 more than i actually make per month. I do not have any assets or even a car in my name and from researching im pretty sure im conisdered a "judgment proof debtor". I would like to file chapter 7 BK because i have no intentions on trying to have any assets in the next 7-10 years anyways and would like to have a life without thinking about my debts 24/7, I am very depressed and do not make enough money to pay for everything. I would like to go back to college and further myself and have something to live for. My father is getting married in a few months and is moving her young children in. I am going to have to move out with a friend whos only charging me $350/mo everything included, which is very cheap. If i continue to pay CCCS and only have the income i have now there is no way i will survive. On top of that knowing that i am going no where with my life for the next 39 months is like being in jail. Would it be possible for me to file Chapter 7 BK even though the car i pay for isnt in my name, nor the rent that i pay now or in a few months will be paying to a friend isnt in my name. But the simple fact is that i still have to pay these expenses monthly even though they are not in my name. At this point I am ready to try and file and live the next ten years of my life based on the money that i make without any credit involved. I would be much happier that way and eventually i plan on going back to school and furthering myself. If i keep going at the rate I am now i will go nowhere for the next 3 and half years not able to have any money and not able to go to school. I know i fall below the "means" for my state income-wise. My question is is it possible to file with my expenses being over actual income, and is it going to be an issue that my expenses are not in my name. I have no savings and nothing to try to offer the creditor to try for a settlement. Im ready to give up and file Ch7 because i wont have enough money to buy a house or get a loan for anything in the next decade anyways. I would rather go that route than to feel like i am wasting the next 3plus years paying off a credit card and not be free to do anything with my life until im 27 years old IF ANYONE HAS ANY ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE HELP. OR IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO IN MY SITUATION IM OPEN TO ANYTHING!

Didn't realize you had a tread in another part of the forum.
    Last edited by DebtHater; 07-21-2010, 02:59 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
    Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
    Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X