Fun with credit card telemarketer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun with credit card telemarketer

Ok, so I included a GM Card (issued by HSBC) in my chapter 7. Well, most of the calls have stopped, except for this one number that keeps calling from HSBC (I had found out who owned the number from a google search). Every time so far that I have answered, the line has disconnected as soon as I answer.

Well, today, to my suprise, someone was actually on the other end. I started my recording device, expecting a collections call. Instead, this guy is trying to sell me identity protection on my GM Card.

Well, I play along for about 10 minutes (yeah, this sounds good - how much is this going to cost me, etc.). Finally, I tell the guy I just have one more question - how exactly is this going to be billed, since the card was included in my recent bankruptcy filing?

After a few seconds of silence, I hear the guy swearing (sounded like he covered up the mic). Then, he said - sorry to bother you sir. Have a good day.

I know - I'm bad. But, after all the years of playing their game, it was nice to enjoy playing for once.
    Filed: 6/30/2010
    341: 7/26/2010
    Discharged: 10/6/2010

Like!

Comment

Haha thats awesome! I always recommend everyone do as you do and monitor your collection calls so that way if there is an offense made by the collector, you can collect from them in court. Make sure that your state allows you to privately record your calls as some will not allow you to unless you make it known to the collector (in which case in 99% of the time they inform you that they cannot be recorded).

Great job again and keep up the good work!

Your friend,
      Randy
      [deleted by moderator]

Comment

I borrowed my son's phone and left his message on it which has bibical references, along with 'Have a blessed day'. I think most are so shocked they just hang up. It feels great!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X