top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about medical expenses in your budget...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about medical expenses in your budget...

I mentioned in another post that in the last few months I've had a few more medical expenses than in previous years. Thankfully, nothing "too" outrageous. However, when money is tight and your are trying to save for an attorney, anything above and beyond seems outrageous.

My question is this....I had previously worked out what we spent per month on medical-medication-glasses-exams etc....

Since then, I have been put on a new (additional) prescription med and it seems my doctor is having me come in A LOT more often and have more labwork done. I am hoping to find a new doctor, but I can't say if the new doctor will agree with this frequency of seeing me or not.

My figures show that our medical expenses will be $180-185/month. That's not really figuring in anything for dh or the kids except glasses and exam for dh and ds. The bulk is mine. Can I add in some co-pays for the kids and dh for physicals at least once during the year (we didn't do them last year or this year so far)? How much is medical going to be scrutinized?

My opinion - that does not sound unreasonable. You can document the bulk of your medical expenses, and assuming 1-2 copays per family member per year is not asking alot.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

That's what I was thinking. I mean, each of us ends up at the doctor at least once a year for an illness or SOMETHING. And dh and the kids really do need a check up during the year. If the kids get sick there is usually a prescription with it. I was thinking of adding another $15-20 month to "cover" dh and the kids. That still puts us under the National Standards for a family of 4.

Comment

Hey I spend $150 a month on medication for myself alone. That doesn't even factor in my husband and son's allergy medications or ANY of our doctors visits. My kids orthodontic bills run about $500 a month. My medical expenses are going to be WAY more than that, but I've got the receipts to prove it, so can't see how they can disallow it.
        04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
          Hey I spend $150 a month on medication for myself alone. That doesn't even factor in my husband and son's allergy medications or ANY of our doctors visits. My kids orthodontic bills run about $500 a month. My medical expenses are going to be WAY more than that, but I've got the receipts to prove it, so can't see how they can disallow it.
          Oh shoot! That reminds me, I haven't even added up any of our OTC meds (like allergy meds or vitamins and supplements--which we use a lot of too. Some of them I HAVE to take with my prescription meds) That's probably another $10-15/month right there too! Ya, we'll probably come close to the National Standards. But like you said, I have receipts for things, so I can't see that they can say much about it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X