top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interviewing Lawyers Thus, but looks like Chase is going after me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interviewing Lawyers Thus, but looks like Chase is going after me...

Hi All,
    I am finally jumping into this, have appointments with 3 lawyers on Thus and will hire one on Friday id all goes well. Hoewver just got home and a tag was left on my door from the Police Sherrif with a number to call, I did and the girl tells me she has some papers to give me from Chase and ask if I was filing for BK... any idea on what could this be? she will be delivering tomorrow...

Thanks in advance.
    Filed - 12.29.10
    341 - 2.10.11
    Discharged 4.2.16

I could be wrong here, but one, she has no right to ask you about your financial decision to file. She's with the police dept? Whatever.
    Chase, is it a CC they're suing you for? Once you have the papers, you have 30 days to respond. Even if you do not respond, there's still some time until anything actually were to happen. Let your lawyer deal with it. Get the papers and send them to whatever lawyer you choose.

Comment

Originally posted by DEBTCHAINS View Post
      I could be wrong here, but one, she has no right to ask you about your financial decision to file. She's with the police dept? Whatever.
      Chase, is it a CC they're suing you for? Once you have the papers, you have 30 days to respond. Even if you do not respond, there's still some time until anything actually were to happen. Let your lawyer deal with it. Get the papers and send them to whatever lawyer you choose.
      the door tag said police dept, but the girl has to work at the court or something... yeah she did said she has some papers from Chase... bet is the first card I stopped paying almost a year ago...
      Filed - 12.29.10
      341 - 2.10.11
      Discharged 4.2.16

Comment

Regardless where she's from, you don't need to tell her about the BK. If you tell her you are filing, it's not going to stop the process on Chase's end. Let her deliver them in person and send to your lawyer. Don't sweat it too much. I was served before my process, and didn't actually get filed till 45 days after being served. No problems or issues whatsoever. Never stepped foot in a court room until my 341.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X