top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One last ? for the day! Bonus and Tax Refund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last ? for the day! Bonus and Tax Refund?

Since I plan on filing in Sept I'm thinking our discharge won't be until Dec/Jan - not sure if that's correct but

in Dec my husband usually gets a performance bonus est. $1500 or so. How does that work with BK?

and what about our tax refund - we usually get est $3000? I usually file towards the end of Jan. How does that work also?

Thanks!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

i think if your tax refund is outside of the 60 window after the 341 meeting then you can keep it, but i am not really sure how that works since you are so close.

for the bonus, it should be yours to keep and no different if working overtime. the financail snapshot is the 6 months before you filed, not after.

Comment

I was able to exempt my tax refund. The bonus I got the day after I filed Chapter 7 and was not part of my bankruptcy estate.

Comment

Thanks - I would like to keep my refund (b/c thats how I pay my property taxes) so I guess I can file my taxed later mayber closer to deadline.
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
          Thanks - I would like to keep my refund (b/c thats how I pay my property taxes) so I guess I can file my taxed later mayber closer to deadline.
          Doesn't matter when you file, a tax refund is from income before you filed for bankruptcy, if you can't exempt it, the Trustee is going to want it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X