Public Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Notice

Just curious here. We are doing all of our BK procedures in a bigger city about an hour away. The federal courthouse everything is going through is down south about 3 hours away.

Does your public notice go into the newspaper of the area you live or the city the BK is processed?

yes it can. it depends on the city and newspaper. if they have nothing better to write about lol

your bk is public info anyways.
    Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
    [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
    [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
    [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

Our local newspaper covers all 3 Bk courts in central IL. Art

Comment

Our local paper in Southeast Missouri does not cover bk's. I was glad about that although it would probably be more interesting than most of the stuff they report in this paper lol!

Comment

We have a Federal Court house here in town. Our BK Court is an extension of a bigger BK Court in another town. The local BK Filings do get printed in the paper about 1x/month. Names and addresses.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

They print it here in SW Mo about once a month, but it is in tiny, tiny type. You have to get a magnifying glass out.
            Filed Chapter 7, 8/16/05, 341 10/12/05
            Discharged 2/16/06, Case Closed 3/8/06
            FICA Score (Equifax) as of 10/13/06 - 645
            (It was 506 on 10/12/05)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X