Banking Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banking Question

I bank with Chase - I had a WAMU Mastercard - now switched to Chase. The account is closed b/c I defaulted. I did sign up for a reduced interest and set monthly payments until the account is paid off.

I have been current with the payments (except this month). I want to cancel this months payments since I will be retaining a lawyer this month.

I really can't switch bank until Mid Sept b/c it will take time for my husband's direct deposit (both work and the VA) to get squared away.

I don't want to tell Chase Mastercard that I plan on filing but need to cancel the auto payments.

I'm freaking out b/c I called both (never gave my accounts number or name) and they couldn't tell me what would happen.

Has anyone ever had the credit card take the money from the checking account?

Does it matter that the credit card is only in my name and the checking is in both mine and husbands?
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Try going to Chase online and cancelling the auto-pay. Also, send Chase a letter to cancel auto-pay. Here's one address that may work:

Chase Cardservices
    Attn: Payment Processing
    2500 Westfield Drive
    Elgin, IL 60124

Hopefully you have a new checking account now, and your husband has already re-directed his paychecks to the new account. That way, you can cancel this checking account if Chase takes more money out after you've told them to stop.

Good luck!
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Thanks

No I don't have a new bank yet. I can't until Mid-Sept. I'm just going to call them and tell them I had a hardship this month and can't pay it. Then by next month I will have already retained a lawyer and will cancel the payments and get a new checking account.
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Freddy, another thing that worked for us (we both have direct deposits) was to open a checking account elsewhere, update our direct deposits with our employers, and CANCEL the existing direct deposit. This will cause that we will receive paper checks for one or two paychecks, but at least our money will not be going to our old bank where we are saying bye bye to 3 cc's.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
          Freddy, another thing that worked for us (we both have direct deposits) was to open a checking account elsewhere, update our direct deposits with our employers, and CANCEL the existing direct deposit. This will cause that we will receive paper checks for one or two paychecks, but at least our money will not be going to our old bank where we are saying bye bye to 3 cc's.
          Thanks - my husband works for the govt and he doesn't have to option of getting a paper check.

I already get paperchecks b/c I was afraid of a bank levy with one of the lawsuits.

Comment

What I did was open a new account and then slowly but surely transferred my money there. Used my debit card to take out the maximum amount and put that into the new account. I felt tricky and sneaky and didn't like doing it but it worked. Recognizing you can't do anything about your husband's at the moment but open one with your checks to start with. That way it will be established when you are ready to change everything over.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X