1st consult today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st consult today

Hi, this is my first post, but have been reading for a while. I have learned alot already.
    Today I had my first consult with an attorney, and it was one of the toughest things I ever had to do. I've put it off for so long, but I had no other option.
    Can't get over the feeling that I've failed my family and myself. Everything has been okay until the recession and my income is down by half from what it was 3 years ago. I kept thinking things would get better, but they haven't, so here I am where I never dreamed I would be.
    Wife is super supportive and doesn't blame me at all which is great, she says we are in this together, so no problems there. Just have to stop my pity party and move on, lol. How long before the feeling of failure lets up?
    I will keep reading and learning from this board and probably ask some questions.
    Wish me luck!!

I had many of the same thoughts. Failure, what went wrong, etc. I don't feel that way anymore. You will feel better, I can promise you that. My guess is when you don't have the phone calls anymore, and that enormous burden of debt is lifted. Sure helped me feel better anyway.
    Great that you have a supportive wife. Best of luck to you and your family!

Comment

Thank you so much, I needed that! I've never been so emotionally drained in my life, I just want this over with.
      Thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

Stratman, been there done that. I struggled for years without realizing it...then a couple months ago I thought we were pregnant again and it all came together. Two months to realiza, accept, get over feelings and calculate to make business like decisions on a deeply emotional subject...and finally, this Friday, file. You're not alone. Feel free to read & ask.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Stratman............we all understand what you feel like. I just answered to another forum member (can't remember the name but under introduce a few posts down). It expresses my feeling on the matter.

Welcome and remember, this forum is full of support and good information!
          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
          341 5/23/11
          DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

I had my first attny meeting yesterday too. I cried...lol

My husband is supportive but it still hurts.

Good Luck to you and your family!
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I just wanted to welcome you. It's a really hard thing. We are raised to be so responible and this does *feel* like failure. The one thing that really helped was when I read that this is a "business decision". So true.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the kind words. I was very hesitant about posting, I'm a private person. But now glad I did. I wish there was no need for a board like this, and am not glad that anyone else has to go through a BK, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one!!
                Now getting everything together to start the process, still have a couple more attorneys to meet, then we will decide on one.
                Thanks again!!!

Comment

Choose your attorney wisely. Make sure you set expectations up front as that will define your comfort zone working relationship!! Good luck
                  Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                  AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X