Credit card offer before discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card offer before discharge

I know I read some threads like this a while ago but couldn't remember where. Anyway, I got a credit card offer today from First Premier Bank with a credit line of $500. The APR is 29.9% Wonderful! Processing Fee $29. First year annual fee $125. Subsequent year annual fee $124.80 (save $0.20 WOW!) How much of available credit would I have left after all these fees? Thanks a lot First Premier Bank, way to prey on the bankrupt!

I also got 2 offers from Ford and Nissan dealerships already. Why can't they just wait until I'm discharged and closed?
    Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

It's at least good to know that we can still get credit, as crappy as the rates may be. LOL.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I've been getting a lot of those offers too. I've been introducing them to my shredder!
      Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
      341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
      Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

I posted somewhere a couple of days ago that I had received pretty much the same offer (except that the annual fee was $175 for the first month - $174 a year afterwards, with a $700 credit line). I've received several others - this deal from First Premier is by far the worst deal I've seen.

Right now, though, I'm pretty much introducing all credit offers to my shredder. I think this one made it there in record time.
        Filed: 6/30/2010
        341: 7/26/2010
        Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

drowning & kartoons

This rate if compared to citibank (29.99%) before I filed bk is still 'better' though, maybe by a hair line LOL. Too bad that my shredder broke too.

wondering

That means your credit is still better than me or you have more assets than me LOL
          Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Guess they like you. LOL. I think that's the bank that sent me an offer with a 59.9% APR.

Comment

Originally posted by wnguyen View Post
              drowning & kartoons

This rate if compared to citibank (29.99%) before I filed bk is still 'better' though, maybe by a hair line LOL. Too bad that my shredder broke too.

wondering

That means your credit is still better than me or you have more assets than me LOL
              Nah - they just think I'm more gullible, and thus willing to pay more fees...

Comment

Originally posted by jsofaz View Post
                Guess they like you. LOL. I think that's the bank that sent me an offer with a 59.9% APR.
                Dang - I wonder if they ever have anyone actually ACCEPT a card at that rate?

Comment

Originally posted by wonderingrov View Post
                  Dang - I wonder if they ever have anyone actually ACCEPT a card at that rate?
                  I'm certain someone somehwre is accepting them at this rate. If not, look at all the junk sold through infomercials that nobody really needs or doesn't really work...LOL
                  Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                  AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I much rather receive these ridiculous offers in the mail than bills and collection notices! Although I'm a bit concerned about my shredder, it started to smoke a bit due to overuse! ;^)
                    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
                    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
                    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

I couldn't believe it when one of my cc's sent me a card - at the regular rate - even though I haven't paid them in 3 months. That got shredded right away! NO MORE CC's!

Comment

CC companies are so twisted. LOL.
                        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X