Summons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summons

Hi all I recived summons today for JCpenney card an know that I need to answer it to give me more time. My goal is to file at the end of September lord willing. I'm just wondering does anyone have a copy of an answer that I can review just so I know what I should put in it? Any an all help is appreciated! Can't wait to file.
    Filed:11/2010
    341 Meeting:1/5/2011
    Discharge:3/2011

Originally posted by MeLLE159 View Post
    Hi all I recived summons today for JCpenney card an know that I need to answer it to give me more time. My goal is to file at the end of September lord willing. I'm just wondering does anyone have a copy of an answer that I can review just so I know what I should put in it? Any an all help is appreciated! Can't wait to file.

What state are you in? How many days do you have to answer the summons? If you can send me a private message of what the summons looks like (leave out personal info). I have a few samples you could possibly use.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Hi Freddy I'm in MI an have 21 days to file. Will see if I can send it to you w/o any personal info today or tomm. I just know answering it is probably in my best interest. I have attorney retained an am making payments to him.

Comment

Hi Freddy I'm in MI an have 21 days to file. Will see if I can send it to you w/o any personal info today or tomm. I just know answering it is probably in my best interest. I have attorney retained an am making payments to him.
        You have to either admit or deny to the statements in the summons.

I would call your attorney and ask him/or her what you should do. Maybe they can draft a letter you can include with your answers stating you have retained them and preparing to file BK in the near future.

This would hopfully stop the CC's attorney from moving forward with the case.

Good Luck!
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

My lawyer told me too say (disagree with the amount) which gave me 2 more months before they set a court date which added an extra month

Comment

I just filed my answer to summons Friday. This is what I said, pretty much:

NOW COMES Defendant, Insert name here, for its response to the Complaint against Defendant, states the following:

1. The allegations of Paragraph #1 are denied for lack of knowledge about the truth and sufficient information to justify a reasonable belief therein.

2. The allegations of Paragraph #2 are denied for a lack of sufficient information to justify a reasonable belief therein. Defendant calls for strict proof of contested allegations.

Wherefore, Defendant requests that this lawsuit be dismissed.

Of course, I had 27 things to answer to, so it was a heck of a lot longer than that, but that was my typical response.
            I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
            Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Hi DumpinDebt thanks so much for responding I will use that info you provided! Can't wait to file!

Comment

No problem. It took forever for me to find a sample response. This was the best one I found. The clerk didn't say anything negative and it looked pretty good to me...

I figured as long as you deny, you're okay.
                I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
                Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X