top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you lose all credit cards, even ones with no balances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you lose all credit cards, even ones with no balances?

What if you have a card you never use or a department store card with no balance? Are they all gone??

I have a department store credit card from before the BK. I never used it. According to my credit report, it is still open. Although, I suspect if I were to order a card to be sent to me (I only applied to get a 10% discount and paid it off immediately and cut up the card when it arrived) it would be closed.

Comment

9 times out of 10, yes.

Comment

I had a Capital One credit card with no balance. I lost it.

Comment

Do they notifiy you when it happens?

Comment

My wife had a JC Penny card prior to filing with no balance. Shortly after filing they closed the account on her.
            Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
            Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

Out of all my credit cards, only 2 of them notified me that my account was closed. I haven't heard a thing from the rest of them but I'm sure they are all closed. My Capital One card had a 0 balance. They haven't notified me of anything. But I can't get access to my account online. And while I haven't tried using the card to purchase anything, I did try to put it on my paypal account as backup. It was denied. So I'm sure the account was canceled. Without notification.

Comment

I thinks as the result of new credit card reform laws, a lot of that should change. Infact if you do not use credit card required number of times then you are not charged, though i do not know if it forces companies to notify before closing their card because of non use.
                URL Removed by Admin

Comment

I have a Macy's card that was zero balance when we filed. It is still open. Have used it on four occasions.
                  Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
                  Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
                  On The Road To Rebuilding
                  5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X