after hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after hearing

Hi Gang,It's been over 2 months since I had my hearing and I just want to hand out some advise. We all get so depended on those credit cards that it feels like we can not live with out them.You will get lots of mail from credit card companies that offer you a big wopping offer of a $300.00 credit card
    and they will charge you about $50.00 for just opening a new accounr with them.and then there is more other charges, So what I am saying is... for that small amount you can put that much into your new bank and use your debit card .and some banks it will be used as a credit card .and believe me it will take about 3 months to get some money saved up and just keep on saving ,And pray all goes well no car repair, no illness, no layoffs. Keep on praying bless us all on this board

It has always struck me as odd that the CC companies would charge BK’ers such a high fee and offer a low limit. I can see their concern about defaulting, but since the person recently filed they cannot file again for several years making the debt collectable.

Comment

High fee and low limits seem like the norm for high risk credit cards. After BK I took the cheaper path. Save an emergency fund in savings account where I'm earning interest. If I have a repair I transfer it from savings to checking and pay with my debit card. Worked like a charm for back to back car break downs, and an emergency vet visit.
      Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
      Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X