Am i looking at my options correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am i looking at my options correctly

Are you in New York and were you an officer of the law? Just curious because you said you get $12,000 a year. I am in New York. I passed the means test by including my 1st and 2nd, though I have no intentions of reaffirming. At the time of filing, I was 4 months behind on the 1st and 2 weeks behind on an arrangement I had made with the 2nd. My attorney didn't see a problem with my situation and I filed for Chapter 7.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I am in Florida but you nailed my previous life. Unfortunately I have to reaffirm or surrender in my new location.

Comment

Still include your 1st and 2nd on your means test like I did, even though you don't want to reaffirm. I guess you're talking about a ride through where you don't reaffirm but continue paying the mortgage, but remain free of the debt with the ability to walk away. Is that what you're talking about? The trustees are sensible enough to know that after discharge, you'll need some place to live and that means rent and utilities and whatever else. They should know what rent is like in your area. I would file now before the $12,000 comes in. Maybe by then you'd be discharged and case closed. Tom in Colo and a few others here are much better at this.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

chase will not be at your door if at all, I went 8 months with no payments on their first and second til I got on a trial plan, then after 14 months I got a per mod.

Now the inhouse collection calls stated daily after 30 days late. 60 days late they started calling every 30 minutes from 8:00am-8:00pm M-Sa. I was getting calls from both first and second loan collections department even though both loans were owned by chase.

Once I cancelled the landline they found my work number about 2 months later and they called maybe once per week after 5:00pm. I leave work @ 3:00pm so no problem deleting their calls the next morning. The day I signed the mod paperwork and sent it in all calls stopped...

Comment

chase policy on seconds after 6 months no payment they are charged off.

I was on a loan mod foum for over 2 years, I read about one chase loan going 22 months no payment before chase foreclosed in AZ...

Comment

It is good to have options - but that does not always make things easier.

If you file ch. 13, you do not have to catch up on your mortgage first. Any arrears on the 1st will be paid thru the plan.

First things to look at, both 7 & 13 have different pro's vs. con's. Try to decide which outcome is better for you, then work on deciding the other details such as when.
              Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
              (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Chase has filed just waiting for the summons to be delivered. (see on court website) Drowning, ride through is not permitted in my district. I am judgment proof, can't touch the pension or unemployment, but Florida has the bank levy now sort it out approach. So I will be living on cash basis until next July which would be the earliest I could file if I don't do anything by December.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X