No pay = Extra money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pay = Extra money

This forum is helping me a lot - thanks!

Next question:

Now that I've stopped paying all my creditors in anticipation of filing, is it ok to do things with the money we have extra that we couldn't do before: brakes for cars, buy propane for home heating, etc., or is there something else we should be doing with it?

What does everyone else do?
    10/26/10 - FILED CHAPTER 7 12/15/10 - 341 COMPLETED 2/17/11 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

I used the money that wasn't going to creditors to pay my bankruptcy attorney.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Yeah... we'll have to do that too. We were paying out nearly $2000 a month to creditors though. So, at some point we're going to have some extra. Probably try to stock up on food and necessities. Get brakes fixed.
      10/26/10 - FILED CHAPTER 7 12/15/10 - 341 COMPLETED 2/17/11 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

You're on the right track. Any reasonably necessary expense, or put the money into an exempt asset, or pay down a student loan or secured debt for something you're keeping so long as you can exempt the asset.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by artgood View Post
          Yeah... we'll have to do that too. We were paying out nearly $2000 a month to creditors though. So, at some point we're going to have some extra. Probably try to stock up on food and necessities. Get brakes fixed.
          I recommend printing out the Schedule I (income) and Schedule J (expenses) and filling them out. If you show lots more income than expenses, then you could be headed for a Chapter 13 for 60 months. If you show more expenses than income, start tailoring your spending now to match what you're reporting on the Schedule J.
          Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
          Attended 341 September 2010
          Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X