Need some more help - Ch 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some more help - Ch 13?

Someone at work asked me this question and I did not know how to answer it so here goes:

Say you are behind on your mortgage and HELOC (2 months), you want to stay in your home, you passed the means test with a neg DMI but are over the median.

How are your payments figured out if you have a neg DMI to file a Ch 13 to save your home?

Thanks
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

anyone
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

You just have to make the numbers work. We were under the median so we didn't even have to take the means test, but I filled it out for shits and giggles. We were negative by nearly $1500/mo. When we went in, our attorney basically said "cut this expense down, eliminate this expense, blah, blah" in order to make the numbers work. Our case was confirmed without any objections and we're in a 0% payback.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X