USAA and BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USAA and BK

I am looking to file a Chapter 7 towards the end of the month(hopefully) and was curious to see what USAA has done, if anything, to those accounts of people that have filed.

I only have a checking account and auto insurance, am not going to list the car insurance I imagine or list USAA at all as I don't owe them $$(aside from monthly car insurance which is up to date w/ payments)

Thanks,
    tom

There's been several posts here about experiences with USAA. You may want to do a search for those "USAA". I think in most cases they were not very friendly, but can't recall exactly.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

From my experience, if your bankruptcy does not cause them to lose money, they will probably keep you. However this is only from personal experience with a credit union and bank other than USAA. I worried about that since I had a relationship with an excellent CU for over 20 years and didn't want to start over with another. I did have a CC with my CU which was paid in full and didn't list it in my bankruptcy. The CU did however cancel the CC which I expected. If I'm not mistaken USAA is for government employees and relatives including military only?

Comment

Yea, think it is primarily used for military, which I am....I guess I will wait and see..I've checked out some of the other threads regarding USAA...looks like people that listed them definitely lost their online access, some lost their car insurance or that went up a lot...I don't have any CCs with them, just not looking to lose my checking account if at all possible..

Thanks for replies

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X