So it appears we now have a cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it appears we now have a cat

in addition to our two dogs. This little cat (kitten, maybe) has showed up and started meowing at the back door. Utterly unafraid of the dogs barking inside.

So I bought her some kitten chow (I know, I know). She has no collar, and is so very thin; she was probably dumped. But otherwise healthy-looking. She follows my husband around the yard and rolls onto her back to get tickled. Very friendly and apparently starved of attention as well.

But we're moving soon to another neighborhood. It seems too cruel to leave an animal you've been feeding. She might get fed by someone else, but that's not guaranteed. I want to take her with us, but the logistics (getting a cat into a box) seem daunting. Any tips?
    Filed non-consumer no asset Chapter 7 on 7-12-10 after 4 foreclosures, 7 lawsuits including 2 deficiencies, 2 wage garnishments, a bank garnishment and a partridge in a pear tree. 341 held on 8-11-10. Discharge 11-4-10.

Try putting her into a pillowcase. That was suggested to me as I have a little cat that I cannot get into a carrier again. I did it once to get her to the vet and have her 'fixed', but never again.

I have not tried this, but supposedly she should settle down and you can handle her.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 09-20-2010, 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats on the new kitty! I've found the ones who pick you always make the best pets.

I would try putting a tempting treat in the back of the carrier and see if you can lure it in. If that doesn't work, then I just stand the cat cage on end, stick them in there hind legs first and then close the door before I set the carrier down so they can't escape. You may want to use a towel if the kitty has claws.

Comment

Ha! When I had to get my mother's little dogs into their carriers, they would somehow splay their legs out and I couldn't stuff them in until I'd wrapped them up like burritos (in towels).

I may get the help of a rescue organization around here. I don't need to give them the cat, but they have a lot more experience in catching animals! And maybe a deal for lower costs at a vet.
        Filed non-consumer no asset Chapter 7 on 7-12-10 after 4 foreclosures, 7 lawsuits including 2 deficiencies, 2 wage garnishments, a bank garnishment and a partridge in a pear tree. 341 held on 8-11-10. Discharge 11-4-10.

Comment

I've had the same issues with the cats, lol. It's funny though, once I get them to the Vet I never have a problem getting them back into the carrier.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X