OCD and Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCD and Bankruptcy

Ever since I retained my attorney (paid in full) I have been a mess. How do you get through these early days before filing when you worry about EVERYTHING? I feel like I am an absolute mental case. Does it get better after the papers are filed? After the 341?

I am going to need antidepressants before long and I have never needed them. I obsess about everything.
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

I was stressed (probably not like you) and felt immediate relief when I filed. Listen to your lawyer since he/she's probably seen hundreds or more BK's.

Good luck,

Logan

Comment

Ditto, ditto. I was an absolute basket case. As my signature tells, from June to Aug when i filed. Got much better after that. At least i can say i don't think about it 24/7. It might be down to 20/6 now.LOL
      My 341 is coming up in 2weeks 5days (havent figured out the minutes today yet)
      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

tyson, we did not have time to feel a waiting period between retaining, paying and filing. We learned about bk end of July/early August, interviewed attorneys early August & retained ours, prepared strategy mid August, paid and filed late August. Now, however, I'm hitting the anxiety factor hard as our 341 is coming in 2 weeks, 3 days exactly since it's at 10:30 am. Wait, since it's now 10:35, maybe it should be 2 weeks, 2 days, 23 hours and 55 minutes. See what I mean
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Haha! I will be counting the days and hours as well. I find that I have to keep adding things like a loan I forgot I had. I may get some relief when I sign the papers and they are actually filed..come what may. I just keep telling myself nothing is irreplaceable. Even my sanity Good luck on your 341!
          Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Thanks Joe. i thought I had it bad.
            This forum seems to be almost the only sane part of my day.
            Though, i find myself in tears from others situations more often than not. S.O. seems to always know when im reading this,,i'm sitting crying.
            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I was also stressed prior to filing. I must have checked over my paperwork 10 times before dropping it off! I wanted to be totally honest, so I spent way too much time taking inventory of my household items. As everyone said, it does get better after filing. Then there is a few weeks of calm and then anxiety hits before the 341, which by the way is easy and painless for most people.

After the 341, there is relief but also anticipation of the trustee's report of no-distribution. After that it is just a waiting game. I don't feel stressed about it as much, although I just had some concerns about a backround check for a job (another topic). But overall it does get better. I am almost half-way through the 60 days and can't wait for discharge. Once that hits then I know I can fully relax! Good luck to you.
              Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
              341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
              Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Oregonpilot,

I too was bawling yesterday. Everything seems to be coming together though. It is just those moments where I feel I cannot take anymore. I try to remember that i have my kidsand health (knock on wood) and that everything else is just things, but sometimes the situation gets the best of me.

Oh and last night, my water heater went out.

I have my galoshes on though, because when it rains, it pours. Hopefully, the sun is coming out soon

Good luck to you

Comment

I had high anxiety until we filed then it got a little better. The week before the 341 was bad. I had to check pacer 4,000 times, re-read our petition, and worry about what time we needed to leave the house to make sure we were there even if the tire on the car blew out. (Did I just give you something else to agonize over? ;) )

After our no distribution report I worried about how I was going to last 60 days. Then it got to the point were I didn't even check this forum and pacer everyday! But, with 10 days left before the magic 60th day, I am fast becoming a basketcase again. My heart palpitates when I think about D-day. I can't wait until it gets here and the dust is settled.

Good luck with your filing!
                  Filed Chapter 7 - 06/30/2010
                  Discharged - 11/18/2010
                  Closed - 12/22/2010

Comment

OMG! I love you tyson24! I'm a wreck too. I actually broke into tears at the store when I ran into a friend because they asked "How ya doin?"....then at the dentist office I got teary eyed when they said sorry to hear your having a rough time (had to call them the day before to make an appt, pay them some money, let them know about the BK since they would get notified...the office is like family to me). I'm wearing this BK like a new dress (No trustee, you can't have it!) Its all over me, every day.

I do admit, I'm getting better each day (todays a good day) and gaining knowledge has really helped. The helpless feeling comes and goes now, instead of being a constant.

I wish you the best of luck, and thanks for putting this out there.
                    Last edited by Panacea; 09-20-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

OMG no problem... Sometimes I just cannot help obsessing over it

I try to look forward to when I get a discharge but I can come up with a million reasons in my head why it will not happen. I figure if I come up with every possible scenario in my head, when i get discharged I will just be that much happier...or mad that I wasted 3 months of my life worrying over essentially nothing. I just need the papers to be filed and feel good about them as being honest and straight forward..But I am always calling my attorney and telling him something I forgot. I just know he hates me! there I go again, obsessing!

Hopefully all goes well for both of us and we can come back here on our discharge days and scream that we made it through the tough times.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X