top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to keep up with whats going on through the BK process...PACER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to keep up with whats going on through the BK process...PACER?

I'm wondering if there is a site to see what the status of my BK case is through the court system. I saw some people say they saw their information on a "PACER" and not sure where to start with this or even if it is relevant to what I'm looking for.

Any help on my issue?
    8-15-10 : filed petition
    9-15-10 : 341 meeting
    11-15-10: hopeful discharge date?

Pacer is certainly a great resource. It provides access to electronic court files, your bk included. Here's a link to a PACER guide created by some members here. Be careful though, sometimes it does not update very timely.

Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Nice. That might be what I'm looking for. Would it give the trustee's notes regarding the post-341 meeting and if creditors object? Will it show the discharge notice when the time comes?

Comment

It would state whether the trustee declares you a no-asset case or not. That's about the extent of notes. Typically if the notes show a report of no distribution and the trustee excusing himself from the case, it's good news for you. Yes, it will show discharge, it will also show any other motions or documents filed.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Sweet! Hopefully the trustee has put up her declaration by now along with any other info. Time to get on it like white on rice.

Comment

Careful though. Read the pacer guide sticky....otherwise you can rack up some pacer fees

Comment

Ya I'm looking through it all right now and following the directions on the sticky. I'm at the screen where I ran a query and the magic blue bar is up above. Right under the bar it has some info and for asset is says "No" with the date of last filing being this past Friday. I had my 341 last Wed, so I'm guessing the info from the trustee is in there.

I'm so tempted to click on the "Docket Report" and see what all is said about me...o so tempting to rack up $0.08 /page...

So is the "Asset: No" the final verdict? Or do I gotta poke around in the "Docket Report" to see whats up?

Comment

asset: No simply means no stated assets in your filing. You will have to go to "History" and see what the latest documents filed were. If you do happen to download a document greater than 30 pages, their charges stop there, max is $2.40 per download. So if 100 page document, still charge you 30 pages only. Of course they also only charge you if you use more than $10/quarter.

Comment

If I go to "History/Documents" is that when I start getting charged? I know in the sticky it says if i go to "Docket Report" it'll start charging. Which is better to go to "History/Documents" or "Docket Report"?

Comment

Docket report give you your full filing and will be a $2.40 charge. Hitstory/documents you will see a list of documents filed by date. You can then click on the single document you want, and they'll charge you for that one document only, for example, if you clicked on Notice (the filing and 341 notice), mine was 3 pages, hence the charge was .24.

Comment

I see...so I need to choose my poison wisely. Go "Docket Report" and see the full scope or "History/Documents" and choose my doom. Well seeing that I'll only be charged if I go over $10, I think I'll dip into "History/Documents" first and see if there are any Trustee notes or anything else specific I see that interests me. That'll still leave me plenty of room for the "Docket Report" if I choose to go that route.

Thanks Joe!

Comment

Have fun. If you go to utilities, click on billing and click quarter. That'll show you your billable activity for the quarter. I've accessed/downloaded 94 pages since 8/27 and my charge is still under 7.50. Quarter ends in 9 days....lol.

Comment

I'm guessing this is good news...

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, XXXXXXXX, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Meeting of Creditors and Examination of Debtor(s) Conducted. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned: $XXXXXXX.XX, Assets Exempt: $XXXXXX.XX, Claims Scheduled: $$$$$$$$.$$, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $$$$$$$$.$$.

So just wait for the discharge letter? Home free? Can creditors still appeal?

Man this just made my night

Comment

Congrats. This means you are in the 60-day club awaiting your discharge as the trustee found no grounds for abuse and no assets that may be seized and sold. Bear in mind, however, that the UST can still interject and creditors can file objections to the discharge. This report is good news, the discharge order is better news!!

Comment

Hmm...don't creditors have a 10 day window after the 341 to object to something? Is there a time frame for the UST to object? Or is objection for both creditors and UST open till the 60 day mark?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X