What a joke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a joke!

Ok for case #3 I received 2 voice messages from someone at the attorney representing Cap One. I sent them a DV letter w/ C&D included after I recvd their dunning letter. They answered the DV letter with a summons.

I have already went to mediation and the amounts on the dunning letter and the summons did not match. The summons total was much lower. So I requested a trial. It's scheduled.

So I call this guy back because according to his voice message it was imperative that I call him back ASAP. So before he speaks I tell him my call is being recorded (because it very could be I was on my work phone) Then he tells me it doesn't matter I'm recording this call too. He never stated he was attempting to collect a debt. I told him the have a C&D on file please do not call my work number. So he starts to tell me if I know what a C&D is?? And that they have all the proof they need to collect X amount. And I should be receiving a summons any day now. He was yelling at me. So raised my voice and told I have already been served, went to mediation and the amounts did not match so I requested a trial. He screamed at me "What do you mean the totals don't match??" then he started laughing at me and said have a nice day and hung up.

I can't wait to file BK and get this over with!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Gotta love creditors! I am gong to be garnished any day by Capital One. I loathe them. I loathe the people that they hire to collect as well. Dirty and underhanded, but within the means of the law somehow...they twist stuff for sure. We are filing soon as well, as soon as the paper work is done. Good luck!
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Hang in there Freddy! Sorry to hear that they are calling you at work and being such jerks...I have had my own probs with Cap One...bunch of creeps.

Better days ahead....
      Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

You know what is so funny is that he said oh you're going to receive a summons any day now...LOL Duh buddy!! I already did months ago!!! These collection law firms are a joke.
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Sounds like something the lawyers office collecting the condo payment said to me when I called them to work out something with them regarding the amount. By the time she started to say "if you don't pay we'll blah blah blah...put a lien on your condo...foreclose on you...blah blah blah" I figured this isn't going to go anywhere so I started back "really, so how long would it take?...any way you could hurry up the foreclosure part? reason is that I have no money so go ahead and take the condo. you'll be helping me out a lot by doing so" She was a bit dumb founded for a bit and said she had to go after a brief pause and a "you need to pay".

I was laughing a bit at the end, but hey this is what happens when your back is up against a wall.
          8-15-10 : filed petition
          9-15-10 : 341 meeting
          11-15-10: hopeful discharge date?

Comment

I was real fortunate even before my stay when the debt collectors called I mentioned "bankruptcy" and "lawyer" and all calls stopped. Prior to bk, my mortgage company started foreclosure proceedings. I ended up doing a sale short sale with a title company handling the paperwork between the banks, new owners and myself. Months later after the closing the foreclosing law firm actually arranged a final judgement date with the court! How embarrasing for them and the title company. I recently read in the paper where the law firm is in trouble with the state attorney's office. I call it Karma.

Comment

I hope you are able to file soon.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X