Family member daycare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family member daycare

We have a 10 month old, and his aunt watches him during the day while the wife and I are at work. We only pay her $400 a month for daycare, but could that still be seen as Insider payments? I mean, it's a reasonable and necessary monthly expense, but she doesn't run a formal daycare center or anything, so there's no receipts or contract, just a note on the checks we give her.

On top of that, our car is giving out and I'm going to have to buy a used car off my brother for $2500 (all cash, no loan). So looking back a year, I would have given my brother's family around $6500. Will that raise any flags?

The daycare and car are both legitimate expenses. I wouldn't worry about either one of them. Your trustee probably won't bat an eye at the daycare expense, and the car you can document easily (receipt from your brother, putting the car in your name, etc.) Don't lose sleep over either one.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X