So now I'm the creditor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now I'm the creditor...

Just got word today that my ex is filing bankruptcy (CH7) through the mailing matrix of the district she's in. Kinda funny how this all went down through everything that's occurred.

Would this in any way impact my CH7? I'm just waiting it out the 60 mark.

Also, the devil in me says to cause hell...but its best to just move on.
    8-15-10 : filed petition
    9-15-10 : 341 meeting
    11-15-10: hopeful discharge date?

The devil in you that says to cause hell... hasn't read that portion of the Lord's Prayer that says "forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors," eh?

I've been thinking about that, because I have a contractor that owes me money. He had fallen on pretty hard times when he did the job for me (what a cluster that was) and I ended up paying out the labor portion of the deal faster than the work was getting done because he was too sick to work, had no medical insurance and his two employees were pretty useless. Ultimately I cancelled the remainder of the project with him and paid another contractor $7k to finish it, and billed it back to the first guy, who acknowledged it as being owed to me. He stonewalled me for a few years with sob stories, and I was planning on taking it to small claims court, but the story is now one of medical disability and welfare funding. I guess I need to know if that's a story or the truth, but, if I'm filing BK, perhaps I need to forgive this debt as I am being forgiven - it might already be past the statute of limitations. Something to think about. (For me, not necessarily for you.... your comment just reminded me of this, is all.)
    Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X