top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if you DON'T file for bankrupcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with just about all of what the other posters have said, you need to get the divorce/separation first and go from there. WHy cant you let the payment to all cards slide, why do you care about the mortgage, you would not be able to afford the house in the end anyway. Is the house in the husbands name or both or your names? If he is worried about the credit card being tied to the bank with your morgage, then let him pay the CC and you save that money toward your lawyer. Maybe I am confused as to what the situation is?

Comment

My husband pays for the house. The mortgage is not in trouble. None of my debt is in his name. I was worried that if I stopped BoA cc payments , that it would somehow effect our mortgage.

Comment

I always heard that it won't affect the others credit if they're name isn't on the contract with the cards, even as an authorized user, it won't affect that person because they're not the card owner.

Comment

I dont see how it could? Is your name on the mortgage, even though your husband pays it? I dont think that would matter either, just curious.

Comment

Yes, my name is on the mortgage. Thats it. I am preparing to live on cash only. Maybe get one of those Walmart checking accounts. I think my employer banks with a credit union , who will cash my checks. Thanks for the ongoing support.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X