top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sense of Relief after your case was filed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sort of expecting a 707b review myself, although hoping I'll fly under the radar as my district has a large over the median population. Generally speaking, just by being over the median will trigger UST attention. This only means that they are doing their job of reviewing your petition. As long as the information they requested from you is something you can easily explain and prove, and the looked at expenses are not excessive, you should be fine. Quite frankly, if your attorney is not concerned, and I am presuming the UST request was run through him/her, then yes, a bit nerve wrecking, but you should be ok. Did you review the information you provided with your attorney prior to submitting to UST?
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
      I am sort of expecting a 707b review myself, although hoping I'll fly under the radar as my district has a large over the median population. Generally speaking, just by being over the median will trigger UST attention. This only means that they are doing their job of reviewing your petition. As long as the information they requested from you is something you can easily explain and prove, and the looked at expenses are not excessive, you should be fine. Quite frankly, if your attorney is not concerned, and I am presuming the UST request was run through him/her, then yes, a bit nerve wrecking, but you should be ok. Did you review the information you provided with your attorney prior to submitting to UST?
      Thanks for the info....

Well..Our attorney really does seem to know what HE'S doing - he's been doing BKs for 28 years...but his paralegal SCREWED up BIG TIME on our filing paperwork (and he thinks she does a good job) - but THANK GOD for this forum because I knew she screwed up and pretty much did the work myself from info I learned here. She would have had us filed WITH prsumption of abuse box checked....she forgot to deduct state and fed taxes....how the heck?!? They were THERE in the payroll stubs.... But what I am getting at is that the mistakes were so bad and I lost a lot of confidence in them after that. And she was SNARKY to me about correcting it, too!

Our attorney - when he gave the don't worry talk to my husband - also told him they would "edit"? (I think that's what he said) the answers before sending them to USTO. BUT as far as I know he may have never seen them. Paralegal sent me an email and said they wre sent but I replied to PLEASE don't send until **** has the opportunity to look them over. No reply to that. So I don't know.

I am not sure he is just smooth talking us with the "Don't worry, it's common" stuff...so that we leave him alone LOL or if it is truly common. But I can see how since we're over median income it makes sense to question it, but the story is in the tax returns. Large loss of income and large debts.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNIL View Post
        Thanks for the info....

Well..Our attorney really does seem to know what HE'S doing - he's been doing BKs for 28 years...but his paralegal SCREWED up BIG TIME on our filing paperwork (and he thinks she does a good job) - but THANK GOD for this forum because I knew she screwed up and pretty much did the work myself from info I learned here. She would have had us filed WITH prsumption of abuse box checked....she forgot to deduct state and fed taxes....how the heck?!? They were THERE in the payroll stubs.... But what I am getting at is that the mistakes were so bad and I lost a lot of confidence in them after that. And she was SNARKY to me about correcting it, too!

Our attorney - when he gave the don't worry talk to my husband - also told him they would "edit"? (I think that's what he said) the answers before sending them to USTO. BUT as far as I know he may have never seen them. Paralegal sent me an email and said they wre sent but I replied to PLEASE don't send until **** has the opportunity to look them over. No reply to that. So I don't know.

I am not sure he is just smooth talking us with the "Don't worry, it's common" stuff...so that we leave him alone LOL or if it is truly common. But I can see how since we're over median income it makes sense to question it, but the story is in the tax returns. Large loss of income and large debts.

Thanks for the replies.
        I would send your attorney an email questioning his opinion about a specific item you sent for review for UST questions and ask him what he modified or if he modified....LOL
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

I am SCARED to find out!!! The letter did come from the attorney's office. It went from usto to them and that used up 6 days (of the two week deadline) then it sat in their office for 5 days til they mailed us the letter. So there's why we had so little time for our answers.

Seriously. I think we have been fed a lot of BS so far. So I am WORRIED. He was the 2nd lawyer we consulted. The first was going to dump us right into a 13 and we were stupid and we were going to go for it but he made a few mistakes that made us uncomfortable so we parted ways and found this other one we are currently using and he said 7 would work - he told us the horrors of our 13 trustee - and he said if they challenge it we'll fight it. He really made us feel like we were in good capable confident hands.

BUT

Even with the box marked presumption of abuse all dark and blackened in, the paralegal said he approved it for filing!! NO WAY did he even glance at it.

But to hear him talk I feel like he does know what he's doing so yeah I just feel mixed signals and uneasy. Is he a fast talker? Or does he really know what's up? How to really know? LOL I feel so shaky all the time with panic & cannot sleep. It's so hard having our future in some stranger's hands. And his side kick paralegal in the mix. *scream face here*

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNIL View Post
            I am SCARED to find out!!! The letter did come from the attorney's office. It went from usto to them and that used up 6 days (of the two week deadline) then it sat in their office for 5 days til they mailed us the letter. So there's why we had so little time for our answers.

Seriously. I think we have been fed a lot of BS so far. So I am WORRIED. He was the 2nd lawyer we consulted. The first was going to dump us right into a 13 and we were stupid and we were going to go for it but he made a few mistakes that made us uncomfortable so we parted ways and found this other one we are currently using and he said 7 would work - he told us the horrors of our 13 trustee - and he said if they challenge it we'll fight it. He really made us feel like we were in good capable confident hands.

BUT

Even with the box marked presumption of abuse all dark and blackened in, the paralegal said he approved it for filing!! NO WAY did he even glance at it.

But to hear him talk I feel like he does know what he's doing so yeah I just feel mixed signals and uneasy. Is he a fast talker? Or does he really know what's up? How to really know? LOL I feel so shaky all the time with panic & cannot sleep. It's so hard having our future in some stranger's hands. And his side kick paralegal in the mix. *scream face here*
            I'd be more scared to not find out. Not knowing means even less control. You are, after all, paying him....last I checked he works for you in this matter. Just saying.

Comment

No, I felt more of a relief back in June when I paid $200 to retain my lawyer. I filed Chapter 7 nine days ago, and now I'm getting all this junk mail and it's embarrassing that my mailman can probably figure out I'm a deadbeat.

Today I received my 341 notice for the meeting with the trustee and I almost tossed it out without opening it as it looked like another piece of junk mail!

I'm tired of all the game-playing with my credit union checking account, always making sure I have less than $250 in my account, yet trying to keep enough in there to pay utilities, etc. Tired of getting money orders for things such as my mortgage, car payment since I'm reaffirming both these and I can't be saving up the money for these two bills since that will throw my checking account over the $250 - so this means multiple trips to the CU almost every other day it seems.

Then, me being a worry-wart....what if Chase Bank won't want to reaffirm my mortgage....what if Toyota Financial won't reaffirm my new car...what if - what if...I'm driving myself crazy.

I'll be glad when it's all over.

Comment

I filed yesterday and it was a BIG relief. I am floating on cloud 9 right now. I know I must come down because this is just the beginning, but considering I filed pro se, I feel a big sense of accomplishment, relief, and calmness all at the same time. I am naturally a worrier so I will take advantage of this feeling now because I will have plenty worry days ahead of me.
                Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

I felt a huge sigh of relief until 4 weeks after when the 341 and UST inquiries began. Then my stress went OFF THE CHARTS.

DrownigNIL, you and I are living the exact same life and experiences right now. 9 days after my 341 the US Trustee filed the presumption of abuse and I have been stressed ever since. I am obsessed with PACER. I check it twice a day just to see if anything has changed and most of the time I find stuff the attorneys would not have found out for days. Don't wait for them mail it will kill your deadlines.

I told them last week our continued 341 was canceled and the trustee posted his "no asset/request to be excused etc" and they wouldn't believe me until they checked pacer themselves.

My means and schedules were sent in grossly wrong and when I mentioned it to the attorneys and their legal team they said again " don't worry the never really check"

WRONG! US Trustee flagged us right away and I have been waiting for some action now for 36 days.....still nothing! I am now 16 days until discharge and as stressed as ever. I know exactly how you feel!

I cant imagine having come this far and having to pay more to fight a motion to dismiss. This would be devastating for my family at this point. Attorneys response is always....don't worry nothing is going to happen.

Not very comforting is it?

ST
                  Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
                  Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
                  10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

Screentest! Good luck to you. I hope you get that discharge. I am praying that we don't have any more issues but if we do we'll have to fight because there is no other way for us. I cannot even imagine the stress you must be under. I am still wanting to believe the DON"T WORRY words. Is that pathetic? I am halfway thinking ignorance is bliss but I have yet to feel the full bliss. Just kind of almost out of sight out of mind. I know when I come here and read I get info and great commiseration with others in the same sinking ship but I have even more stress after reading here. Almost like a hypochondriac haha. I get a huge case of the what ifs since there are so many different situations here. I was addicted to this place and had to pull myself away for a while - sounds like you're that way with the PACER. I don't' even want to go there. I'd be sitting and refrshing the page over and over LOL.

CCSJOE, I am going to have my husband call the attny and check the status of everything as a follow up. We also have to make sure the reaffirmation papers etc are taken care of for our cars and house, too. Thanks for the advice. While ignorance can be bliss it's not.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X