timing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timing question

Hello all, this forum is a great wealth(haha) of information.
    I am unsure about how to handle my current financial situation.
    I had a house. It was foreclosed on in June/July of this year.
    I owe about $14,000 in CC debt between two cards. I am paying the minimum monthly on both.
    I am in a low paying job, but am employed.
    I am considering bankruptcy but am unsure on how to proceed...
    The house is up in Alaska, and I am now living in Illinois. I dont know if the institution who holds the paper the house will try and collect for any monies they feel they are owed. Or when they may do so.
    I wanted to know if filing for chapt 7, and listing the institution as a potential debt makes any sense or is doable.
    I am uneducated with money terminology so the word institution is substituted for lender or bank so as to not confuse. I don't even know who has the house now. My lender was Aurora Loan, but I understand that many times the true owner is shuffled from institution to institution.
    Thank you for any input you may provide, or a direction I could go with regard to finding answers to my query.
    Sincerely,
    David

I recommend that you make an appointment for a free consultation with a bankruptcy attorney. You'll find out if bankruptcy will help you at this time, which state's "rules" you'll have to follow based on bankruptcy's residency requirements, and what steps you need to take in the future to protect your best interests. Good luck!
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X