Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x-post: means test and mortgagES X3 :(

I posted this in the Ch7 forum, also. I'm not sure where it should go:

In order to pass the means test, I need the 3,000 worth of payments on my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd mortgages. If I let "let the house go" in the bk, then I can't use the mortgage payments to qualify, right? So, then we can't do a 7. My house is worth about 215K, and we owe 145K, 175K, and 45K, respectively on the mortgages. So, how do we handle this? I know we have to list the mortgages in our bk, but do we just re-affirm the debt and then we can use it on our means test? I'm not sure how that works...
    --------------------------------------------
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

You list the property in your bankruptcy with the intent to re-affirm it. After your 341, have your atty, amend your statement of intentions surrendering the house. Done and Done.

Good Luck
    Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

Wouldn't the trustee or someone notice this and force you into a ch.13?
      --------------------------------------------
      As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My attorney listed my house with the intent to re-affirm, but I didn't have that amended and I don't plan on re-affirming. Is that a big deal? I already received my report of no distribution.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X