Finding a rental home after BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a rental home after BK

For those of you who have already filed and been discharged, how has finding a home to rent been for you after the BK? If you gave up your home (foreclosure), were you able to find someone who would rent to you? I'm looking at doing exactly that, but I need reassurance that we will be able to find a home to rent when it is all said and done...
    --------------------------------------------
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

No foreclosure here but I've rented 3 places since my discharge with no problem.

Comment

Did they ask about bk? Was it a rental company or a private renter? I have three kids and don't want to be left with nowhere to live.
      As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

This topic has been covered many times on the forum. You try searching for 'rentals' and 'finding a rental' or such terms.

As a former landlord I can tell you I was concerned with INCOME, and DEPOSITS, and NO EVICTIONS. those 3 things were pretty much decisive in whether I rented to someone or not. In some parts of the US, BK's and poor credit are an epidemic and many savvy landlords, even some big apt management companies have relaxed policies for tenants.

As always, your best bet will probably be with private owners of individual homes/townhouses etc.

Comment

Thank you! I will do a search and see what I can learn.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X