Medical Bills and bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Bills and bankruptcy

Over the last 2 years I have been in and out of hospitals, 11 hospitals to be exact. Even after insurance I have well over $60,000 in medical bills. At one time I applied for medicaid, and they wanted all of my bills, the original, they wouldn't take copies. So I sent them in and never got them back. Now I remember what hospitals I was in, but alot of the hospitals have outside doctors and radiologists and such that will charge you an outside fee. I do not remember who they were, and they have stopped sending me bills. I have all different collection agencies calling at all different times and I am just a mess in the sense that I have no clue anymore who I owe what to. So my question is, is there anyway that it can all be pulled up on the computer? My mom said when she went for bankruptcy that all of her bills were pulled up on a computer and she did not need the bills. Is this really possible? I am considering bankruptcy so I'm trying to get all my bills in order but I have no clue what I'm missing, I don't want to go through the bankruptcy and find out after that I missed some and I still owe them money.

Thanks for any advice

Pull copies of all 3 credit reports or have the attorney pull them for you. It's important to pull all 3 because some companies may only report to 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
      Pull copies of all 3 credit reports or have the attorney pull them for you. It's important to pull all 3 because some companies may only report to 1.
      I would say that this is a great starting point, but it may not include every single one that you owe. I have owed a doctor $25 for about 4 years, they just kept sending the bills to me, never have turned it to a collection or anything. I have a feeling it was written off now, I have not seen a bill for this year at all from them. My point is, when you pull those credit reports, start matching them up to any collection letters, bills, etc that you do have and go from there. Also, take the calls from the collectors too, get the info from them. I actually just did that right before I filed. Kept getting calls from NCO for some other medical bills, I had no idea what they were since I never took the calls. The day before I filed I called and got details of how much, dates of service, and what docs or hospitals and the account numbers. Turns out they were not any of the ones I already had put in my BK. Added them to it and it is now taken care of. They were only $14 and $47, not much, but might as well add them to the rest.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X