Bills and statements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bills and statements?

Will I need copies of my household bills when I file? Like electric, cable, phone, etc?

And what about CC statements? All the accounts that have been sold or transferred to JDBs I don't think I could ever get any of those statements.

Thanks
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

That's a tough call, because unless you are audited, you really won't need your utility statements. You will need as much information as possible from your debt statements (key word being as possible). Some trustees ask for a copy, most however do not. I chose to retain a copy of everything going back at least 1 year in case I got to be one of the unlucky few that got flagged for audit.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

At the time of contemplation of C13, I was using Quicken. I was able to extract and sort into an excel sheet all my payments. That was adequate.

The best bet would be if you still have online, or you have online banking, you can do similar stuff. Get statements of six months or current year. Take it the easy way. To collect all that trash, I was in habit of shredding. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks - I was able to print some statements (the ones I have access too). I was just concerned if I had to start collecting household bill statements. Because I only do online. I was trying to be conservative with the ink.....LOL
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

No need to print the household expenses statements. Just download them and save them to your drive. That's what I did. No toner wasted.
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

From reading the advice on the board I saved all the CC statements to our computer while we still had access to those CC accounts online. Then when the lightning hit our house, our desktop computer was fried. NONE of the files were able to be recovered. Yep, all of those statements I had saved.

And of course now, I don't have online access to any of them. I'm telling you, I feel jinxed.

Comment

I lost a lot when my old computer died. I went and bought a usb thumb drive after I bought another used computer and now everything goes on that. I then print things out at the library for 10 cents a page - cheaper than paper and toner.

Comment

Maybe I should have added my home setup...Computer with dual internal hard drives, one external back up, and a collection of 8 GB flash drives, in addition to DVD-R capabilities which I used for BK related records.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X