top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the expected routine for 30, 60, 90 day being late on cc payments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the expected routine for 30, 60, 90 day being late on cc payments?

I've heard it before quickly said in a consultation about what the routine is when one is 30 days late on paying credit cards, then 60 and then 90.

What happens at each delay period?
    I've heard that you probably wouldn't get a court summons until much later because they're likely to be 'backed up'.

People are saying that they're attorneys said to quit paying and wait the 90 days and file thereafter. I understand this might show where you've NOT used the card for the past 90 days but what can happen to us from these companies, especially after 60 days?

And I've not even called them since I missed my first payments end of September. So that puts me at my first 30 day period at due time end of this month, right?

If so, I can file around first of Nov but I think I'd like to do it around the first of Dec so that a couple months income drops off, not that it is that crucial, but looks even better for me.

Each creditor is going to have their own procedures during those time frames - but I had a couple that were at the 120 day mark when I filed. As of the date I filed, none of them had even sent it to a collection agency yet, but Bank of America and Citibank were threatening to write it off and send it to collections. At the 60 day mark, I started getting settlement offers from both.

Keep in mind though what I said earlier - each creditor has their own procedures. I have heard that American Express, for example, is much faster on the draw, though I couldn't tell you the exact time frame. Also, the individual companies may have different procedures as it relates to balances for individual customers, length of history with an individual customer, etc.
    Filed: 6/30/2010
    341: 7/26/2010
    Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X